Local Area Highlights: Greenville, SC
Rated by Fortune Magazine as one of the "Top 5 Great Places to Retire!"
Cherokee Valley is more than just a great place to play golf; our surrounding community has a wide variety of activities to offer players and non-players alike. This is your one-stop destination for exceptional golf and outdoor living!
Located right off of the scenic highway 11 corridor, Cherokee Valley is just 25 minutes from downtown Greenville, South Carolina, one of fastest growing cities in America. With over 90 restaurants, shopping, spas, theater, parks, and sporting events, Greenville offers just the right touch of city sophistication for you to enjoy.
Cherokee Valley is also just 90 minutes from Charlotte, NC and 45 minutes from Asheville, NC. In addition, the entire area is known for its gorgeous natural waterfalls and hiking and biking trails on the edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Travel enthusiasts have a variety of flight terminal options with three airports within 90 minutes of Cherokee Valley. GSP Airport is a short 25 minute drive and hosts the popular discount carrier, Southwest Airlines. Asheville airport is only 45 minutes from the community and for international destinations, Charlotte International Airport is only 90 minutes away!
Here's a taste of what the surrounding area has to offer:
- Numerous accredited colleges and universities such as Clemson, Furman, North Greenville University, University of South Carolina and more!
- Minutes to nationally ranked medical facilities. The Greenville Hospital System is the largest in the entire state of South Carolina and is also valued as a training hospital.
- Hiking, bird watching, fishing, and picnicking amid the magnificent peaks of Caesars Head State Park and many other scenic locales
- Mountain biking, kayaking, white river rafting, and fly fishing
- Road cycling destinations for both amateurs and professionals, including the U.S. Cycling Championships in Greenville
- A host of equestrian activities
- Corporations with headquarters nearby include BMW North America, GE, Michelin North America, Honeywell, Bausch & Lomb and more!
- Three airports within 90 minutes of Cherokee Valley (GSP airport is just 25 minutes away and hosts Southwest Airlines as a popular carrier, Asheville airport is a 45 minute drive and Charlotte International Airport is only 90 minutes from the community).
- Winery tours and tastings at several area vineyards, including Rockhouse and Green Creek
- Greenville Drive Minor League Baseball (an affiliate of the Boston Red Sox)
- Greenville Road Warriors Minor League Hockey (an affiliate of the NY Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers) at Bi-Lo Center
- Renowned theater productions and music concerts at The Peace Center for the Performing of Arts, boasting Broadway Productions such as Wicked, West Side Story and more of your theatre favorites!
- A breathtaking Suspension Bridge and Waterfall Park at Reedy River Historic Park – perfect for hikers!